The Market Access Group National Account Director will lead the development and management of key account relationships across assigned Specialty Distributors (SD), Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), Fee For Service Medicaid plans (FFS), Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO), Intermediate Deliver Networks (IDN), Regional Payers, and regional Medicare Administrative Carriers (MAC), and other assigned corporate accounts across the managed markets customer channels for Otonomy’s line of products.
Maintains and manages relationships with assigned key managed markets customer groups including, SD, GPO’s, IDN, ACO’s, Regional Payers, FFS Medicaid plans, and regional MAC’s, and other corporate accounts as assigned.
Develops product access strategies and tactics for specific managed markets customer segments and payer channels in support of launch plans for Otonomy’s pipeline products.
Leads the development of account level plans of action for assigned payers and managed markets customers, designed to ensure optimal access for Otonomy products
Profiles key payer segments and assigned accounts to assess applicable formulary coverage policies, utilization controls, formulary review practices and timelines, geographic coverage areas, level of regional and national influence, and other attributes relevant to optimal patient access for Otonomy products
Leads the development and negotiation of payer contracts, as applicable, across all assigned accounts for Otonomy products
Effectively communicates product coverage status for all assigned accounts across Sales and Marketing
Effectively supports Sales and Marketing by providing expert and compliant consultation to the Otonomy Sales Force, HEOR and Medical team and other functional teams on specific payer
coverage policies and formulary status, as well as how payers evaluate and make decisions on relevant therapeutic areas
Support RBM’s and field sales in management of large IDN strategies and pull through efforts
Identify demonstration Projects between Payer/ Provider’s /Otonomy
Support FRM team where necessary and provide Regional Payer support
Compliantly engages all internal and external stakeholders to optimally support product access
Identifies competitive threats and develops response strategies to ensure optimal payer access for Otology products
The role is remote and requires travel in excess of 50%.
May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- Bachelors Degree in business or comparable education and experience is required. Advanced degree in business is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years total commercial experience with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a comparable Managed Markets National Accounts position including development of access strategies and tactical plans supporting specialty drugs or other relevant experience.
- Recent Hospital and Surgery Center product launch experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Medicare Part B and D, as well as commercial payer coverage practices, trends, utilization controls, formulary review processes necessary.
- In addition, advanced knowledge of Health Care Reform legislation relevant to pharmaceutical product access required.
- Advanced knowledge of Medicaid and Managed Medicaid, as well as Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act important.
- Proven track record for establishing and improving product coverage across Medicare Part B and D, as well as Commercial payers required.
- Advanced contract negotiation, analytical, and business skills needed.
- Previous team management and sales experience preferred. Must be able to travel up to 60% of time.
Location: Field Based with regular travel to Otonomy offices in San Diego, CA and targets.